Many moms say that after the birth of their second child they begin to pack less in their diaper bags because they realize what the essentials are. That is not the case here. I’m a hopeless overpacker, and my love for pocket cloth diapers means I’m always going to need a BIG diaper bag. However, needing a big diaper bag does not automatically mean I have to carry around an unseemly duffle bag. Ju-Ju-Be makes diaper bags for the stylish mama who loves organization and function. If you’re like me, you want everything to have its place so you know where it is. My husband has no problem finding a snack for my son right when he wants it because the Be Right Back makes it easy to keep items organized.
The very front of the bag has a small opening that could easily hold your wallet, phone or a camera; since everyone has been sick lately, I’ve been keeping a travel size pack of tissues in there. The mommy pocket, which is my favorite compartment, has several smaller pockets and a sunglasses bag that also can clean your sunglasses. I keep my keys attached to the key fob, some extra cash, chapstick, sunscreen lotion, a travel first aid kit, and a pack of gum in the mesh zipper pocket, and the litte toys my son wants to bring with us also get thrown in there.
At the back of the bag where the backpack straps are a pocket holds the included changing pad, and I keep some books in there for my son. The changing pad is padded with memory foam, and it’s long enough to use for my 2 year old toddler and 3 month old infant. At the top of the bag another pocket holds my daughter’s pacifier wipes and a small sack for my son’s crayons.
The Be Right Back is an amazing bag. For the longest time, I fought the urge to get a backpack, and I’m glad I finally gave in because it is so much more comfortable and functional than either the Be Prepared or the BFF that Ju-Ju-Be makes. I can wear my daughter in her woven wrap, carry the Be Right Back on my back, chase after my son at the park, and look good while doing it. If you have more than 1 child or you’re simply an overpacker, then the Ju-Ju-Be Be Right Back might be just the bag for you.
In case I’m leaving anything out, here’s the product description from Ju-Ju-Be’s website:
A classic returns back to the Ju-Ju-Be line with changes requested by our best of mommy fans! The ultimate hybrid…everything a traditional, full-featured ergo backpack is…with the details and form of a beautiful fashion bag. All of Ju-Ju-Be’s standard features included (i.e., a pinch of sass, a dash of technology and a huge dollop of cool style!).
- Padded back panel with breathable mesh for added comfort … as well as some signature Ju-Ju-Be stitching for that extra flair.
- Ergonomically curved and padded shoulder straps.
- Quick grab handle.
- Cell phone pocket.
- Mommy pocket with diapers and wipes pocket on the front.
- 2 exterior insulated bottle pockets … with Thinsulate™ by 3M™. Keep it warm? Keep it cold? Sure!
- Top storage pocket for your MP3 player, sunglasses or digital camera … Cheese!
- Memory foam changing pad included in the back panel zipper compartment … and with an 11.5-inch opening, it is also suitable for tablets, small laptops, magazines, etc.
- Picture pocket to keep photos handy when bragging to friends.
- Teflon® fabric protector … helps repel stains.
- Agion® treatment protects the liner by inhibiting the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew.
- Metal Hardware … we don’t trust any of the cheap plastic stuff.
- Light-Colored Linings … you can actually see what’s inside; it’s not just a big black hole in there.
- Machine Washable … air dry.